Stampin' Addicts Occasions Mini Catalog Blog Hop! You may have arrived from Carmen's Stamping Addiction blog or maybe not - but however you got here, be sure to click on through at the end and take a look at all the other projects on this Blog Hop! I am excited to share just a few of the project I made with the Botanical Gazette Designer Series Paper and You're a Gem stamp set from the upcoming Occasions Mini Catalog! I've been playing with my new products for a few weeks and am loving the prints in this paper pack and the sentiments in this stamp set are so fun and very versatile.
I haven't been doing much scrapbooking lately and have really missed it - it's one of my New Year's Resolutions to create more scrapbook pages. Here's one I made using a sheet from the Botanical Gazette DSP. I added a few photo tag elements stamped with the You're a Gem stamp set - I'll have a closer look at them next week, so be sure to stop back. This was a pretty simple page and came together very quickly. I let the texture and pattern from the paper shine and added the Jumbo Eyelets and Hemp Twine for interest. The sentiments tags on either side of the photos are from You're a Gem stamp set and are heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder.
This little Candy Wrapper is my favorite project - well what's inside it is really my favorite, but this packaging turned out really cute, too! And it couldn't be easier! The box is made with the Candy Wrapper Bigz Die for the Big Shot. (This die was originally featured in the Holiday Mini Catalog and is still available to order.) I wrapped it with a strip of pattern paper from Botanical Gazette DSP and a piece of Early Espresso 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon. This sentiment from You're a Gem is heat embossed with Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder. I tied the tag on with some Hemp Twine with one of the Trinket Keys from the Occasions Mini. How fun is that?! The Trinket Key is a great embellishment and also a sneak peek to what's inside! (There are also Trinket Crowns available and I love them!)
Inside the Candy Wrapper is a Simply Adorned necklace! I made several charm inserts for my Simply Adorned Charms using the Botanical Gazette DSP and You're a Gem stamp set. Look how pretty these are! (I'll show you a few more pictures of the inserts, as well as the reverse sides of each one next week on my blog.) I just love working with these tiny little canvases - the largest charm here is a 1 x 1 1/4" Rectangle and the circle and square charms are only 5/8"! It certainly makes you look at your stamps and papers in a whole new way. I tied on a piece of Victorian Lace and added the Trinket Key to the necklace as well as the 4 charms. And check out the clasp on the charm necklace - see that little oval logo piece, just to the right of the 'love life' charm insert? That is the 'key' to opening your charms - just use it as a lever on the charm clasp and your charms will pop right open.
Finally, here is a card featuring the You're a Gem stamp set front and center! I added a crown from Clearly for You (also available in the Occasions Mini) which is sparkling with Dazzling Diamonds Ultra Fine Glitter, cut out and popped up over the sentiment. The Very Vanilla rectangles are stamped with a small background stamp from Clearly for You and then sponged with Early Espresso ink. I also stamped the Bravo Burgundy card base with my En Francais background stamp. The strip of pattern paper is from Botanical Gazette DSP and I added another piece of it to the inside liner to pull it all together.
That's it for this post - thanks for stopping by! Click on her link to visit the next blog:
featuring Nature Walk from the Occasions Mini Catalog!
1. Sarah (willsygirl): XOXO
2. Yapha: Take a Spin
3. Cheryl (lovetostampandscrap): Build a Blossom & Blossom Petals punch
4. Allison (alliohran): Thanks for Caring
5. Rhonda (rhondag): Springtime Vintage DSP & Baby Blossoms
6. Holly P. (HollyLogic): Petal Cone Die
7. Joyce (bronocomom): Springtime Vintage fabric
8. Lisa (genesis): Easter Blossoms
9. Barbara (cre8tivestamper): Bring on the Cake Set & Build-a-Cupcake punch
10. Carmen: Create a Cupcake
11. Mary (MaryR): Botanical Gazette DSP & You're A Gem
12. Holly K. (CatRules): Nature Walk
13. Cindy (CindyE): Clearly For You
14. Jennifer (SunflowerStamper): Bold Blossom
15. Twila (tjdstampsalot): Eat Chocolate
16. Jennifer (jentimko): Say It Simply, Framed Tulips Impressions Folder, Beveled Windowpanes
17. Sara (lilyinkpad): In Stitches wheel & Sweet Stitches DSP
18. Kim (s1itcher46): Sew Suite
19. Kandi (kandicejo): Button, Button
20. Tanya (tanya27): Sew Suite Accessories
21. Betty (kittystamp): Sweet Stitches rub-ons
22. Heidi (hlw966): Plane & Simple
23. Debra (WebDeb): Be My Valentine
24. Krystal (skdeleeuw): Mother of Mine
My Stampin' Events
Current Stampin' Up! Promotions
Mary Rindal is an Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator in Greenwood Village, Colorado.