This monochromatic card features the Starburst Technique with the Modern Medley DSP. It's kind of funny to me to have such muted colors with a technique that is associated with bright and bold. I also used the sentiment from Happy Congratulations stamp set "may happiness be your destination" which seems so perfect for this ship image.
Stamps: Open Sea, Happy Congratulations
Ink: Basic Black
Cardstock: Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Modern Medley DSP
Accessories: Smoky Slate Chevron Ribbon, Circle Punches
Then I added a cut strip of Burlap Ribbon, with the edges frayed, and a few Antique Brads. The other layers on this card are distressed with our Distressing Tool, which makes quick work roughing up all the edges.
Stamps: The Open Sea
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Island Indigo
Cardstock: Baked Brown Sugar, Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: Antique Brads, Burlap Ribbon, Crystal Effects
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to click through to all of the blogs on the Stamp Review Crew: Open Sea Edition by using the Previous and Next Buttons below. I also listed the Blog Roll of The Stamp Review Crew: Open Sea Edition at the bottom of this post. You'll find tons of inspiration and creativity! Happy Blog Hopping.
- Heidi Baks runningwscissorsstamper.
- Cindy Beach stampspaperandink.typepad.com/
- Tanya Boser tinkerin-in-ink.
- Mike Funke stampin-style.
- Shana Gaff stressfreestamping.
- Holly Krautkremer rubberredneck.
- Yapha Mason yaphamason.com
- Mary Rindal maryrindal.com/
- Dawn Tidd tiddbitsfromdawn.
- Lisa Young addinkandstamp.blogspot.com/
- Kerry Willard Bray kerrywillardbray.com
- Paula Wright paulastamps.blogspot.
- Rita Wright ritascreations.
- Jill Coleman jillstamps.com/
- Betty Traciak kittystamps.blogspot.com
My Stampin' Events
Current Stampin' Up! Promotions
Mary Rindal is an Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator in Greenwood Village, Colorado.